360° ES training
The 360° ES training aims to empower trainees to:
- Pick the right syntaxes to improve maintainability and expressiveness
- Write more idiomatic code by forsaking obsolete approaches
- Know how to use new data types and protocols (e.g. iterability)
- Write maintainable advanced async code
- Leverage metaprogramming to reduce code quantity
- Secure code, notably through ES proxies
- Use of JS in production on 10+ diverse scenarios.
Unless otherwise specified, predefined-dates, multi-client sessions are held in French, so attendees should be reasonably fluent. You are naturally welcome to book custom dates for your company using the link above.
Not sure you’re a good fit?
There is no pre-requisite for this training course (as in, verifiably acquired knowledge, through degrees, certifications, tests, etc.).
Syntactic sugar and comfort
- Shorthand notations
- Class syntax
- Rest and Spread
- Default values
- Template strings (regular and tagged)
- Trailing commas
- Function autonaming
Scope and binding
- Block scopes with
- Arrow functions
- Block scopes with
- Binary and octal
- What’s coming post-ES2018…
- Lots of new stuff in the stdlib
- Sets and Maps
- Typed arrays and buffers
- Unicode, why?
- Extended Unicode support
- A word about ES402
- Coming soon...
- A few reminders
- Where we come from
- Imports, exports, live bindings and load semantics
- Dynamic imports
- Native support and transpiling
- Best practices
- Customizing native behavior
- Goals and principles
- Traps and the
- Concrete examples
- Revocable proxies
Un p'tit document ?
- Every session is held synchronously, “live,” including remote sessions. This is not about pre-recorded videos.
- We are currently not scheduling new multi-client in-room sessions.
- Comprehensive course material is provided, acting as a common thread. It usually includes numerous slides and starter codebases or repositories for every exercise and lab.
- Trainees can ask questions at any time.
- Sessions always alternate between theory and hands-on labs, in short intervals (5 minutes to 1 hour).
- Hands-on periods rely on real-world use-cases (which can be bootstrapped through starter codebases, Git repositories or online assignment labs).
- Hands-on periods may be completed individually or as sub-groups that may vary from one period to the next, to foster pair programming and collaboration.
- Remote sessions use a Zoom recurring meeting, accessible through a provided link using both the installed app and the pure-web, no-install client. They mostly use features such as video thumbnails, screensharing, chat, breakout rooms and possibly quizzes, annotations and whiteboards.
- Sessions span 5 consecutive afternoons, adding up to 21 hours of class.
- The schedule runs from 13:48 to 18:00.
- For custom dates booked specifically by your company, the schedule can be adjusted to better suit your needs. In particular, we can use half-days locked on reasonable hours in your timezone, e.g. 9a-12:30p EST or 8a-11:30a PST.
- Every trainee uses their own laptop or workstation.
- No ahead-of-time setup on your machine is necessary.
- Training sessions range from 3 to 10 trainees.
Deliverables & assessments
- Every session half-day requires attendance signing (paper sheet or digital tool). For remote sessions, should a trainee fail to submit their entire attendance sheet in due time, Zoom participant logs will be considered authoritative.
- At the beginning of every day's first period, we run a “debrief”: during about half an hour, we help collectively resurface skills and knowledge first tackled on the previous day. This helps put everyone back “in the zone,”, consolidate learning and boost group dynamics.
- Throughout the course, assessment of skill acquisition is done through the successful completion of hands-on labs (exercises, mini-projects, labs, use cases, etc.). Interactive quizzes may supplement this. The trainer remains available for any question during hands-on periods.
- Should a trainee exhibit significant difficulty, the trainer may opt to provide one-to-one mentoring for a while using the trainee's computer as a working base. This also applies to remote sessions using Zoom's dedicated features (e.g. one-to-one / individual assistance).
- When the session ends, every trainee may request a completion certificate (or at least attendance certificate) and, for remote sessions financed by a French institutional entity, we issue a standardized completion certificate in order for financing to be able to proceed smoothly.
- Once the training is over, every trainee receives a link to an online “hot” feedback survey, so they can express, among other things, whether they feel they achieved the stated goals of the training (or believe these will be achieved in the short term).
During the session, trainees receive at the start of every period access to:
- all the related slides and supporting material in a web-based format, so they can easily follow along,
- the interactive online lab for hands-on exercises.
Once the training is done, they also get:
- an extremely content-rich debrief e-mail,
- a reference archive with all related slides, solutions for all exercises, and various complementary resources.
Acquired skills are assessed throughout the session, by looking at the success rate of online interactive exercises, that leverage step-by-step guidance and automated scoring.
Christophe has been doing professional web work since 1995. He co-created Europe’s first production JSP portal in 1999, moving to J2EE before going with Ruby, Rails and finally Node.js.
A best-selling author of“Bien développer pour le Web 2.0” (“Best practices for modern web development”) at Eyrolles, he also wrote the reference book “Prototype and script.aculo.us” at Pragmatic Programmers, articles in various online magazines (most notably the widely-acclaimed A List Apart), and speaks at a number of conferences big and small.
Christophe is the founder and CTO of Delicious Insights.
- from 6 to 10 March 2023 100% remote
Request a training contract from 6 to 10 March 2023 100% remote
- from 19 to 23 June 2023 100% remote
Request a training contract from 19 to 23 June 2023 100% remote
(Unless otherwise stated, every session has 4+ seats still available, and is in French; you can naturally book custom dates for your company using the link further below.)
|You register||Per trainee|
|1 to 2 trainees||€1,500 net|
|3 to 5 trainees||€1,350 net|
|6+ trainees||€1,200 net|
(Any ongoing discount or special offer is not reflected here, but will be automatically applied in the registration form.)
Need an in-house / custom training?
For a bespoke training, tailored to your needs, either at your office, some other place or remotely, please describe your context and needs using the following link.
Usually, the core training cost for doing this training in-house, which is a flat fee based on how many trainees you bring, starts at €6,000 net. For international sessions with fewer trainees, we can trim that down: talk to us!Request my in-house / custom training
Hardware & software requirements
- Use a computer of sufficient performance (and provide it for single-client, in-room sessions, so ideally a laptop)
- Remote sessions: this computer must feature a webcam, mic and audio output.
- Remote sessions: use an internet connection with sufficient bandwidth (1Mbps+, ideally 5Mbps+), both incoming and outgoing.
- Remote sessions: be able to run Zoom, either as a desktop install or as the pure-web client. You can test the installed software's configuration here.
Registration & deadlines
Regardless of the modalities you're looking for (single- or multi-client, in-room or remote), your initial request (for quotation or contract) should be made online from the training’s web page. You can find further up contract request links for every available multi-client session, a proposal request button for a single-client session, and for any other enquiry can use the contact button further below. Please favor our online forms as they speed up processing by avoiding numerous e-mail back-and-forths in order for us to get all your necessary information.
For multi-client, fixed-date sessions, we reply to quotation or contract requests within at most 2 business days (and usually within minutes). For single-client, custom sessions, we usually get back to you within 3 business days to fine-tune your requirements and create a bespoke offer.
The e-mails we send to provide quotations or contracts, as well as our online training pages, provide a link to an online survey prospective trainees can use for fit-for-needs assessment; this information should get to us ASAP, ideally before contract signing, so we can verify our training offer is a good match for the audience.
Summons are sent by e-mail no later than 7 days prior to the session, at which time a potential cancellation decision (usually because two few trainees registered) is made. If the session is guaranteed ahead of that deadline, we can send your summons earlier at your request.
For multi-client sessions, you can register online (requesting a contract and sending it back signed by e-mail) until the day before the session starts, provided the required amount of seats remain free. If you finalize your registration after the usual summons-sending deadline, your summons are sent immediately by e-mail.
However, when French nationals contractualize with us in their personal capacity, French law mandates a withdrawal period (10 calendar days for in-room sessions, 14 calendar days for online sessions). In order to allow such clients to register later than this, they are provided an opt-in choice in their contract request online form to waive their withdrawal rights if the schedule requires it.
For French client entities applying for third-party financing (e.g. OPCOs, Pôle Emploi, Regions, EU), it is imperative that financing agreements be sent to Delicious Insights no later than the last day of the training session. Should financing be denied or only partially provisioned, the client is liable for payment of the balance of the fee.
You can find more information on the details of registration, cancelling and getting refunds in our Terms of Sale.
Pôle Emploi sees a “correct” return-to-employment rate after that training course.
Disabilities & special needs
The French law dated September 5, 2018 for “freedom to choose one’s professional future” aims to facilitate accessing and retaining a job for people with disabilities or special needs.
Delicious Insights is very keen to help everyone, regardless of their particulars, move forward professionally.
We can often adapt the modalities of our trainings to fit your needs: let's just review your situation together.
Do feel free to get in touch with our point person for Disabilities, Christophe Porteneuve, by e-mail or phone.
Do feel free to get in touch with our point person for Disabilities, Christophe Porteneuve, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at +33 662 059 656.
A question, a concern?
Don’t fret, we’re sure to have answers to help put your mind at ease and get a clearer picture. So let’s talk!Get in touch
Get in touch by e-mail at email@example.com or call us at +33 662 059 656.