360° ES training
The 360° ES training aims to empower trainees to:
- Improve their code’s maintainability and expressiveness
- Write more idiomatic JS code
- Get the most out of the language’s latest features
- Leverage metaprogramming to reduce code quantity
- Use advanced techniques to improve code security
Syntactic sugar and comfort
- Shorthand notations
- Class syntax
- Rest and Spread
- Default values
- Template strings (regular and tagged)
- Trailing commas
- Function autonaming
Scope and binding
- Block scopes with
- Arrow functions
- Block scopes with
- Binary and octal
- What’s coming post-ES2018…
- Lots of new stuff in the stdlib
- Sets and Maps
- Typed arrays and buffers
- Unicode, why?
- Extended Unicode support
- A word about ES402
- Coming soon...
- A few reminders
- Where we come from
- Imports, exports, live bindings and load semantics
- Dynamic imports
- Native support and transpiling
- Best practices
- Customizing native behavior
- Goals and principles
- Traps and the
- Concrete examples
- Revocable proxies
- 15—19 November 2021 100% remote
Request a training contract 15—19 November 2021 100% remote
(Unless otherwise stated, every session has 4+ seats still available, and is in French; you can naturally book custom dates for your company using the link further below.)
|You register||Per trainee|
|1 to 2 trainees||€1,500 net|
|3 to 5 trainees||€1,350 net|
|6+ trainees||€1,200 net|
|Loyalty discount||€1,275 net|
Need an in-house / custom training?
For a bespoke training, tailored to your needs, either at your office, in ours or remotely, please describe your context and needs using the following link.
Usually, the core training cost for doing this training in-house, which is a flat fee for up to 10 trainees, is €9,000 net. For international sessions with fewer trainees, we can trim that down: talk to us!Request my in-house / custom training
Intended audience and pre-requisites
Unless otherwise specified, predefined-dates, multi-client sessions are held in French, so attendees should be reasonably fluent. You are naturally welcome to book custom dates for your company using the link above.
When the training starts, trainees receive all the related slides and supporting material in a web-based format, so they can easily follow along.
Once the training is done, they also get an extremely content-rich debrief e-mail, a reference archive with all finalized codebases (fully annotated and tested), all related slides and various complementary resources.
- Sessions run 7hr a day, or 4hr12 a half-day, adding up to 14hr, 21hr or 28hr.
- Full days run from 9:30 to 12:30 and 14:00 to 18:00, half-days run from 13:48 to 18:00.
- (For or U.S. friends, that's 9:30a-12:30p / 2p-6p and 1:38p-6p Paris time, respectively.)
- For custom dates booked specifically by your company, the schedule can be adjusted to better suit your needs. In particular, we can use half-days locked on reasonable hours in your timezone, e.g. 9a-12:30p EST or 8a-11:30a PST.
- Every trainee uses their own laptop or workstation.
No ahead-of-time setup on your machine is necessary.
- Training sessions range from 3 to 10 trainees.
Christophe has been doing professional web work since 1995. He co-created Europe’s first production JSP portal in 1999, moving to J2EE before going with Ruby, Rails and finally Node.js.
A best-selling author of“Bien développer pour le Web 2.0” (“Best practices for modern web development”) at Eyrolles, he also wrote the reference book “Prototype and script.aculo.us” at Pragmatic Programmers, articles in various online magazines (most notably the widely-acclaimed A List Apart), and speaks at a number of conferences big and small.
Christophe is the founder and CTO of Delicious Insights.