The Webpack training aims to empower trainees to:
- gain in-depth understanding of Webpack’s architecture
- embed any type of resource in their builds
- maximize their productivity by optimizing incremental builds
- finetune their web apps’ startup time with careful optimization
- leverage all the new and improved stuff in Webpack 5
- Core concepts
- Webpack 5: async modules
- Handling styles
- Handling images
- Webpack 5: asset modules
- Webpack 5: extended request protocols
- Handling fonts
- Other usual sources
- Adjusting for production bundling
Maintaining your configuration
- Splitting configuration into parts
- Various approaches to configuration splitting
Optimizing the developer experience
- Making the most out of the development server
- Embedding into our own servers
- Hot Module Replacement
- Plugins and useful wrappers
Optimizing the building performance
- Webpack 5: Persistent Caching
- Transpiling only what’s needed
- Restricting what loaders look at
- Webpack 5:
- Picking appropriate sourcemaps
- Externalizing third-party code with
Optimizing the bundle’s performance
- Optimizing file count and sizes
- Optimizing cacheability (incl. Webpack 5 upgrades)
- Webpack 5: better code generation and targeting with
- Tree Shaking (incl. Webpack 5 upgrades)
- Bundle splitting
- Code splitting
- Webpack 5: multi-bundle collaboration with Module Federation
- Analyzing bundle performance
- Producing a library rather than an app
Migrating to Webpack 5
- Leverage deprecation warnings
IgnorePlugin, the usual suspect
- Beware: Node.js auto-polyfilling is gone!
- Subtle configuration tweaks
(Unless otherwise stated, every session has 4+ seats still available, and is in French; you can naturally book custom dates for your company using the link further below.)
|You register||Per trainee|
|1 to 2 trainees||€1,500 net|
|3 to 5 trainees||€1,350 net|
|6+ trainees||€1,200 net|
|Loyalty discount||€1,275 net|
Need an in-house / custom training?
For a bespoke training, tailored to your needs, either at your office, in ours or remotely, please describe your context and needs using the following link.
Usually, the core training cost for doing this training in-house, which is a flat fee for up to 10 trainees, is €9,000 net. For international sessions with fewer trainees, we can trim that down: talk to us!Request my in-house / custom training
Intended audience and pre-requisites
The Webpack training mostly targets web developers and Dev Ops.
Unless otherwise specified, predefined-dates, multi-client sessions are held in French, so attendees should be reasonably fluent. You are naturally welcome to book custom dates for your company using the link above.
When the training starts, trainees receive all the related slides and supporting material in a web-based format, so they can easily follow along.
Once the training is done, they also get an extremely content-rich debrief e-mail, a reference archive with all finalized codebases (fully annotated and tested), all related slides and various complementary resources.
- Sessions run 7hr a day, or 4hr12 a half-day, adding up to 14hr, 21hr or 28hr.
- Full days run from 9:30 to 12:30 and 14:00 to 18:00, half-days run from 13:48 to 18:00.
- (For or U.S. friends, that's 9:30a-12:30p / 2p-6p and 1:38p-6p Paris time, respectively.)
- For custom dates booked specifically by your company, the schedule can be adjusted to better suit your needs. In particular, we can use half-days locked on reasonable hours in your timezone, e.g. 9a-12:30p EST or 8a-11:30a PST.
- Every trainee uses their own laptop or workstation.
- Training sessions range from 3 to 10 trainees.
Christophe has been doing professional web work since 1995. He co-created Europe’s first production JSP portal in 1999, moving to J2EE before going with Ruby, Rails and finally Node.js.
A best-selling author of“Bien développer pour le Web 2.0” (“Best practices for modern web development”) at Eyrolles, he also wrote the reference book “Prototype and script.aculo.us” at Pragmatic Programmers, articles in various online magazines (most notably the widely-acclaimed A List Apart), and speaks at a number of conferences big and small.
Christophe is the founder and CTO of Delicious Insights.